Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! Here is a brief outline regarding what to do and expect at convocation on June 24, 2016 at 10:30 am.
DEADLINE: May 30, 2016 (After this deadline the rental fee goes up).
2. Print out your confirmation of RSVP and Robe Rental as this is your ONLY entry pass through the gates of AVIVA Centre for the ceremony and reception – make sure you bring this with you.
3. A maximum of 3 guest tickets will be available to each student. Extra tickets will be very limited at the Box Office, so please do not depend on this as of entry to the convocation – it would be a good idea to save your guest tickets on your computer as a PDF in case you will need to re-print the tickets at a moments notice.
4. Graduands – please make sure that you come 2 hours prior to the event (8:30 a.m.) as it takes time to receive your robe, proceed to the marshalling area and process through the Center of Excellence to your seat. Please leave all bags, jackets, purses with your family members as there is no secure place to leave them. Also, please note that it can get pretty toasty in the convocation ceremony, so consider taking your suit jacket off instead of wearing it under your robe.
5. Limited parking is available on the York campus at posted locations.
6. If you have paid your student account, you will receive your diploma after the ceremony when you return your robe.
7. All guests and students are invited to attend a reception following the Convocation ceremony at the Reception Pavilion in the AVIVA Centre.
8. There will be framing available to you (at a cost) at Diploma Pick-Up and at the reception.
9. Class photos and composites will be available to you at the Photographers Kiosk at the reception.
10. This is a wonderful day for you to celebrate your achievements! Enjoy every minute and remember to take photos 🙂
[button link=”http://convocation.students.yorku.ca/”]RSVP for Convocation![/button]