Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! Here is a brief outline regarding what to do and expect at convocation on Friday June 22, 2018 at 10:30 am.
DEADLINE: May 27, 2018 (after this date, the rental fee goes up. This date is as published but may be extended – please keep an eye out).
2. Print out your confirmation of RSVP and Robe Rental as this is your entry pass for the ceremony and reception – make sure you bring this with you.
3. Students will be given 2-3 tickets maximum from the Convocation Office, depending on availability. No additional tickets will be available at the Box Office. It’s always a good idea to save your guest tickets on your computer as a PDF in case you will need to re-print the tickets at a moments notice.
4. Graduands – please make sure that you arrive 2 hours prior to the event (8:30 a.m.) as it takes time to receive your robe, proceed to the marshalling area and proceed to your seat. Please leave all bags, jackets, purses with your family members as there is no secure place to leave them. Also, please note that it can get pretty toasty in the convocation ceremony, so consider taking your suit jacket off instead of wearing it under your robe.
5. As you’re getting ready for your big day, please remember that you must adhere to the Academic Costume Code, which prescribes that “nothing else should be worn on the academic gown.” Therefore flowers cannot be worn or carried until after the ceremony has concluded.
6. If you have paid your student account, you will receive your diploma after the ceremony when you return your robe.
7. All guests and students are invited to attend a reception following the Convocation ceremony at the Reception Pavilion in the AVIVA Centre.
8. There will be framing available to you (at a cost) at Diploma Pick-Up and at the reception.
9. Class photos and composites will be available to you at the Photographers Kiosk at the reception.
10. This is a wonderful day for you to celebrate your achievements! Enjoy every minute and remember to take photos 🙂 Share them on social media with the hashtag #YorkUConvo