You’ve made it grads! Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from Schulich.
Below is a handy list of things to remember, prepare for and expect at convocation on October 19, 2016 at 3:30pm.
1. Ensure you RSVP online. When you do so, have your credit card at the ready for robe rentals and a printer for printing guest tickets and confirmation.
DEADLINE: October 2, 2016 (After this deadline the rental fee goes up). The RSVP system will be turned off on October 9, 2016.
2. Print out your confirmation of your RSVP and robe rental as this is your ONLY entry pass through the gates of the AVIVA Centre for the ceremony and reception.
3. A maximum of 3 guest tickets will be available to each student. Extra tickets will be very limited at the Box Office, so please do not depend on this as your only mode of entry to the convocation ceremony. It’s always a good idea to save your guest tickets on your computer as a PDF for back up.
4. Graduands – please make sure that you arrive 2 hours prior to the event (at 8:30 a.m.) as it takes time to receive your robe, proceed to the marshalling area and then through the Center of Excellence to your seat. Please leave all bags, jackets, purses with your family members as there is no secure place to leave them. A word to the wise: it can get pretty toasty in the convocation ceremony, so consider taking your suit jacket off instead of wearing it under your robe.
5. Limited parking is available on the York campus at posted locations.
6. If you have paid your student account, you will receive your diploma after the ceremony when you return your robe.
7. All guests and students are invited to attend a reception following the Convocation ceremony at the Reception Pavilion in the AVIVA Centre.
8. There will be framing available to you (at a cost) at Diploma Pick-Up and at the reception.
9. Class photos and composites will be available to you at the Photographers Kiosk at the reception.
10. As you’re getting ready for your big day, remember that you must adhere to the Academic Costume Code which prescribes that “Nothing else should be worn on the academic gown.” Therefore flowers cannot be worn or carried until after the ceremony has concluded.
[button link=”http://convocation.students.yorku.ca/”]RSVP for Convocation![/button]
On behalf of Student Services & International Relations, CONGRATULATIONS on your graduation day!