- This event has passed.
The Marquee Group – Data Manipulation with Excel
November 16, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Marquee Group, Canada’s leading provider of financial modeling training programs, is pleased to offer its Data Manipulation with Excel seminar to Schulich students.
The ability to effectively analyze large quantities of data is a fundamental requirement in most corporate jobs. This full day seminar has been designed specifically to prepare participants for the rigor and expectations of manipulating and synthesizing data in a business environment. Combining interactive discussions with hands-on Excel computer work; assignments, handouts and examples will be used throughout the session. Students should have a strong working knowledge of Excel prior to taking this course.
- Transforms participants into Excel “Power Users”
- Bridges the gap between academic course work and real-world application
- Prepares students for employment in the business world
- Covers topics included in the training provided by major banks and corporations
- Individualized attention from instructors
- Experienced instructors are seasoned financial professionals
- Use numerous built-in Excel functions to interpret and manipulate data
- Use various filters in conjunction with specific arithmetic functions to summarize large volumes of data
- Use Lookup functions to efficiently extract information
- Create nested formulas to expand a functions’ flexibility
- Incorporate widely used financial and arithmetic functions
- Use powerful Text functions to manipulate non-numeric variables
- Use logical functions to create complex formulas
- Become proficient with Pivot Tables to quickly analyze and format large quantities of data
- Learn to use many valuable keyboard shortcuts
*Attendees must bring their own laptop with access to Excel. This course assumes the participant has a good working knowledge of Excel.
For further information or to register, please contact Umar Waqas at firstname.lastname@example.org