Want to make a significant contribution to the Schulich Community? Apply for a Summer part time position with Graduate Admissions!
Under the direction of the Manager, Marketing and Recruitment, the Special Projects Coordinator will support recruitment and admissions and grow relationships with our prospective students and applicants in the wider Schulich community. He or she will have excellent communication, PR and leadership skills, and will play a critical role in representing Schulich at various recruitment events.
This is a robust role that will keep you busy, engaged, and making meaningful contributions to prospective students of Schulich.
Open to continuing MBA or IMBA students. Students who are graduating or in their final semester preferred.
Department/Faculty: Recruitment and Graduate Admissions, SSIR
Number of Hours Per Week: (24 hours a week) Part-Time
Days of Work Between: Monday – Friday May be required to work the occasional evening or weekend
Hours Between: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Start Date: May 1, 2019
End Date: August 31, 2019
- Support admissions and onboarding events for students, including information sessions, online sessions, Women in Business, Mix and Mingle, Launch Week
- Assist with the marketing of Schulich’s programs via telephone, print, web, social media and e-mail
- Recruit, train, lead and evaluate volunteers in the Schulich Graduate Ambassador Program
- Process inquiries and incoming requests for class visits, building tours and connections
- Build relationships by connecting candidates and applicants to the Schulich community
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, public relations and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Exceptional organizational, time-management and event planning skills
- Ability to interact effectively with directors, faculty, staff and students
- Familiarity with the Schulich Graduate Ambassador program, student clubs and organizations at Schulich and York
- Familiar with using social media and web platforms to reach target audiences. Strong computer technical knowledge and research skills including Intermediate MS Word, PowerPoint, Adobe and e-mail marketing. Advanced excel and data base management systems.
- Background in communications and sales an asset.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential in this position.
Review the attached job description carefully. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Carol Partland, Manager, Recruitment and Admissions, at email@example.com no later than Friday April 12, 2019 at 4:30pm.