|Job opportunity||Academic Peer Support|
|Department/Faculty||International Relations, Schulich School of Business|
|Number of positions||Two (2) positions available (part-time)|
|Reports to||Tim Tang, Director, International Student Services and Programs|
|Bursary||$2000 for total 120 hours (10-12 hours per week)|
|Restriction:||Graduate student; Canadian Citizen or PR, Ontario resident (bursary requirement)|
|Time Requirements||to be scheduled Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Position Start Date||September 2018 (exact day TBD)|
|Position End Date||December 7, 2018|
The Academic Peer Supporter(s) will provide academic peer support to students who have English as an additional language.
- Hold office hours and take appointments in order to provide English language assistance on written academic work (cases/papers/assignments) and verbal English practice
- Assist students with referencing/citations
- Provide guidance on paper/case positioning and structure within the context of Canadian business school expectations
- Provide assistance to the International Relations Unit as required
Must possess demonstrated skill/ability in the following areas:
- Strong oral and written communication
- Editing and/or tutoring
- Experience interacting and working with people from different cultures and English language capabilities
- Previous TA or English teaching experience an asset
- Should be a second year full-time MBA/IMBA student
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, and an Ontario resident (these are government bursary requirements)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Tim Tang, Director, International Student Services and Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 17, 2018 at 12:00 PM.
Only those invited to interview will be contacted – we thank all others for your interest in the position.