|Job opportunity||Academic Peer Support|
|Department/Faculty||Student Services & International Relations, Schulich School of Business|
|Number of positions||One (1) position available (5 hours per week)|
|Reports to||Lindsay Hillcoat, Associate Director, International Student Services and Programs|
|Bursary||$1000 for 5-7 hours per week (total: 60 hours)|
|Restriction:||Graduate student; Ontario resident (bursary requirement)|
|Time Requirements||to be scheduled Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Position Start Date||January 16, 2017|
|Position End Date||April 7, 2017|
The Academic Peer Supporter(s) will provide academic peer support to students who have English as an additional language.
- Hold office hours and take appointments in order to provide English language assistance on written academic work (cases/papers/assignments) and verbal English practice
- Assist students with referencing/citations
- Provide guidance on paper/case positioning and structure within the context of Canadian business school expectations
- Provide assistance to the International Relations Unit as required
Must possess demonstrated skill/ability in the following areas:
- Strong oral and written communication
- Editing and/or tutoring
- Experience interacting and working with people from different cultures and English language capabilities
- Previous TA or English teaching experience an asset
- Should be a second year full-time MBA/IMBA student
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, and an Ontario resident (these are government bursary requirements)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lindsay Hillcoat, Associate Director, International Student Services and Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 3rd, 2017 at 12:00 PM.
Only those invited to interview will be contacted – we thank all others for your interest in the position.