Attention recent or current MBA/IMBA Graduate Students: If you’re an outgoing, friendly, multi-tasker who loves to connect with people, check out this fantastic opportunity to work with the Graduate Admissions team!
Department/Faculty: Graduate Admissions, Schulich School of Business
Hours Per Week: (24 hours Sept – April 2018)
Days Required: Monday – Friday (occasional Saturday/Sunday)
Hours Required: Between 9am – 5pm (occasional evenings)
Project Start Date: September 2018
Project End Date: April 2019
The Graduate Ambassador Program Coordinator will provide leadership and mentorship to graduate ambassador volunteers and lead the Graduate Student Ambassador Program. This role will support a variety of initiatives that promote a positive Schulich experience for prospective, incoming and current students. The Graduate Ambassador Program Coordinator will recruit and training new volunteer graduate ambassadors, act as an online community manager, and facilitate prospective student visits, tours and webinars.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and support for the Graduate Ambassador Program and the SSIR Unit.
- Recruit, train and evaluate graduate student ambassadors
- Manage the Graduate Ambassador inbox and fill incoming requests for class visits, building tours and connections with current students
- Respond to emails, set up phone calls or Skype chats with candidates to discuss the student experience, and conduct follow up
- Maintain database with demographics of active volunteer graduate ambassadors and track participation
- Plan and execute a year-end Ambassador Appreciation event
- Provide a year-end report on the delivery of the Program and areas for improvement
- Participate in events and/or webinars as required within the Student Services and International Relations
- Perform Other related duties as required.
- Current or recent Schulich graduate student
- Highly engaged continuing students who have previously participated in the Graduate Ambassador Program are preferred
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for the Schulich community, the School, and the graduate programs
- Highly organized and adept at multi-tasking; ability to exercise good judgment and ensure confidentiality
- Experienced in leadership roles and working in a team environment; event management experience an asset
- Familiarity with commonly used survey and presentation software
- Confidence, an ability to engage with strangers
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Experience in volunteer management
- Excellent time management skills
Open only to recent or current MBA/IMBA Graduate Students. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send a resume and brief cover letter by email only to email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: Monday, September 10, 2018