Are you a natural event planner who enjoys working with students? Do you love the city of Toronto?
Apply to be the Summer Programs Coordinator for the incoming short-term summer program being hosted at Schulich: Sustainability: A 360° Perspective
Details are below – open to Schulich graduate students only.
Apply by April 24, 2019 at 12:00pm.
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Summer Programs Coordinator
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1 (graduate level applicant)
DEPARTMENT/FACULTY: International Relations, Schulich School of Business
REPORTS TO: Lindsay Hillcoat, Director of International Relations 416-736-2100 ext. 77893
SALARY: $20.00 per hour
TIME REQUIREMENTS: 35 hours per week (including some evenings & weekends)
POSITION START DATE: May 6, 2019
POSITION END DATE: August 31, 2019
PURPOSE: Work to support and coordinate special projects and programs in the International Relations for Summer 2019 under the leadership of the Director, International Relations. Responsible for program coordination of the incoming short-term summer program at Schulich (BSUS 6901 – Business Sustainability: A 360 Degree Perspective) in June.
- Lead and coordinate logistics for incoming summer group
- Assist with event planning and coordination (menu planning, room booking, etc.)
- Accompany students on excursions, e.g., Tours, Niagara Falls, company visits etc.
- Undertake special projects as required, including developing and implementing communications strategies, designing and editing webpages, and creating resources for international students
- Provide assistance to the International Relations Office throughout the summer
- Provide a detailed report following the completion of the programs
- Current Schulich Graduate student
- Strong verbal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience with event planning and execution
- Strong facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Mature, professional and accountable
- An interest in helping students and creating a safe, fun, and welcoming environment
- Sensitivity and experience working with cultural diversity (and diversity in general)
- Good knowledge of the city of Toronto
- Ability to travel away from Toronto and availability to support group on weekends and evening for the period of June 10-21, 2019
- Experience with WordPress and video editing software an asset
- Past experience with project or program management an asset
- Past academic or work experience in sustainability an asset (but not required)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lindsay Hillcoat, Director, International Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 24 at 12:00pm, 2019. Only those invited to interview will be contacted – we thank all others for your interest in the position.