Are you a natural event planner who enjoys working with students? Do you love the city of Toronto?
Hours: 35 hours a week, including some evenings and weekends
Location: Student Services and International Relations (W262)
Job start date: May 14, 2018
Job end date: August 31, 2018
Hourly rate: $20/hr, plus 4% vacation and statutory deductions/contributions
• Primary contact and coordinator for event and activity planning, and logistics for incoming study tour groups
• Assists with all aspects of event planning and coordination including: menu planning; room bookings; events/activities transportation — including out of the GTA, tickets, access, payments, event A/V set up, etc.
• Accompany students and acting as Lead Hand/Coordinator on excursions, e.g., City Tour, Niagara Falls, Blue Jays game, company visits
• Assists with special projects as required, including developing and implementing unit communications strategies, designing and editing webpages related to international opportunities, and creating resources for international students
• Provides general administrative, office and clerical assistance to the International Relations Office throughout the summer
•Provides detailed reports following events and activities along with debrief notes and “lessons learned”, as well as overall end of summer programs report including recommendations for future sessions.
• Must be a current Schulich graduate student to apply
• Strong verbal and cross-cultural communication skills
• Experience with event planning and execution
• Strong facilitation skills
• Good problem-solving skills
• Mature, professional and accountable
• An interest in helping students and creating a safe, fun, and welcoming environment
• Sensitivity and experience working with cultural diversity (and diversity in general)
• Good knowledge of the City of Toronto
• Ability to travel away from Toronto and work irregular shifts when required
• Experience with WordPress and video editing software an asset
Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential in this role.
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Tim Tang, Director, International Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on April 27, 2018.
Only those invited to interview will be contacted – we thank all others for your interest in the position.