Interested in successful market entry strategies and early adoption? Check out this out-of-faculty elective at the Lassonde School of Engineering offered this Winter!
Market adoption of new technologies is of interest to researchers looking to create economic value and attract research funding – but technology utility alone isn’t sufficient to achieve commercial success. This course offers a formal process and novel frameworks that helps technologists understand the complex issues around enhancing the value of their technologies, overcoming barriers to adoption, and identifying alternate strategies for market success. In this course you’ll examine:
- the importance of technology commercialization
- current models of technology commercialization
- improving technology commercialization outcomes
- finding first users and applications
- overcoming barriers to adoption
- developing a ‘go to market’ strategy
Hear from MECH 6502 Students:
Review full course details from Lassonde below. Students who wish to enrol must complete a “Request to take a Course in Another Faculty at York” form located on the MySchulich Student Portal and submit it to Student & Enrolment Services (W263).