Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!
If your status reads “eligible to graduate” on your Grade Report, you are eligible for October convocation.
For questions regarding your status, contact Sandra Osti, Records and Promotion Assistant, at email@example.com.
Here is a brief outline regarding what to do and expect at convocation on October 10, 2018 at 3:30 pm.
1. You must RSVP online. The deadline to RSVP is September 20.
When you RSVP, have your credit card at the ready for robe rentals and a printer for printing guest tickets and confirmation.
2. Print out your confirmation of your RSVP and robe rental as this is your ONLY entry pass through the gates of the AVIVA Centre for the ceremony and reception.
3. The number of guest tickets allotted to each graduand varies depending on the convocation ceremony. Please note that the graduand does not require a guest ticket to attend their convocation. The robe rental confirmation page acts as a student ticket to convocation. It’s always a good idea to save your guest tickets on your computer as a PDF for back up.
4. Graduands – please make sure that you arrive 1.5 hours prior to the event (at 2:00 p.m.) as it takes time to receive your robe, proceed to the marshalling area and then through the Center of Excellence to your seat. Please leave all bags, jackets, purses with your family members as there is no secure place to leave them. A word to the wise: it can get pretty toasty in the convocation ceremony, so consider taking your suit jacket off instead of wearing it under your robe.
5. Limited parking is available on the York campus at posted locations. There are also shuttle bus locations. Please check the York University website.
6. If you have paid your student account, you will receive your diploma after the ceremony when you return your robe.
7. All guests and students are invited to attend a reception following the Convocation ceremony at the Reception Pavilion in the AVIVA Centre.
8. There will be framing available to you (at a cost) at Diploma Pick-Up and at the reception.
9. Class photos and composites will be available to you at the Photographers Kiosk at the reception.
10. As you’re getting ready for your big day, remember that you must adhere to the Academic Costume Code which prescribes that “Nothing else should be worn on the academic gown.” Therefore flowers cannot be worn or carried until after the ceremony has concluded.