Starting the 601 (Strategy Field Study)? Read on to ensure you meet the prerequisites and are enrolling appropriately
If you are unsure if you can begin, contact us to be sure as early as possible!
- Attend the 601 Information Session on Thursday, June 23, 5:30-7:00 pm
- Make sure to attend the MANDATORY 601 kick-off on Saturday, September 10, 2016 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm!
Prerequisites: The 601 is taken during the last two terms of study, after successful completion of the following:
- Full-time study: must have successfully completed all 5000-series Required Foundations of Management Core Courses, and have taken or be taking SGMT 6000 3.00 in the first term of the 601
- Part-time study: must have successfully a) completed all 5000-series Required Foundations of Management Core Courses, b) completed SGMT 6000 3.00, and c) completed at least 4 electives
Enrolment & Registration
- In the first semester of the 601, you must officially enrol in MGMT 6090 0.00 (the “Formation” non-credit portion) on the York Enrolment System to signal your intent to begin. Tuition fees are applied to your account even if this is the only course in which you are enolled (it is not a “free” course).
- MGMT 6100 3.00 (the 3.00 credit portion) must be placed in the first or second semester of the 601. We do not retroactively add MGMT 6100 3.00 (or any course) if you change your mind about when to place it in your schedule; ensure you enrol by the last day to enrol without permission (September 16)
- The 601 normally spans two terms of study. At times the project length extends beyond the end of the second term. This may have implications for visa requirements (if applicable) and timing of graduation. Please note that you are expected to be in Toronto until you complete your 601 in order to meet your degree requirements.
- Exchange students must confirm their 601 plan well in advance with the Graduate Exchange office. Your own enrolment may be different than that of your colleagues who are not on exchange.
- You must register your name on the 601 database (601.schulich.yorku.ca) in the first of your two terms, the start of the MGMT 6090 0.00 formation. NEW: To access the new 601 portal, you must have an Office 365 account. Please follow either steps #1 or #2 in the instructions below.
Instructions for Office 365
1. If you have created your Office 365 account, please access the following link using your Office 365 credential.
2. If you do not have an account, before you click on the link above, please follow the instructions:
- Use the below link and ensure that “Students” tab is selected.
- Enter @schulich.yorku.ca email address – only Schulich email is accepted.
- A confirmation email with a registration link will be sent to provided email address.
- If you can not remember your Lotus Notes Password the best course of action is to send a request to email@example.com where a ticket will be created and will be assigned to a support personnel.