Schulich Graduate Students: It’s that time of year again — a new academic session, new classmates, and the GBC’s anticipated fall tradition Schulympics! Schulympics is organized and operated by the Graduate Business Council (GBC), Schulich’s graduate student government, with the purpose of fostering meaningful connections among new and returning students while nurturing Schulich spirit. Year after year, this event facilitates some of students’ most cherished memories from their Schulich career.
What is Schulympics?
Schulympics is a backwoods getaway, team building retreat, and class wide competition rolled into one. Once at camp, students will be placed in teams for the next day’s range of events. The second evening will be capped off with an award ceremony followed by a party.
Not the competitive type? Not a problem. Students will have plenty of down time to enjoy Camp Timberlane’s incredible activity options at their own leisure.
- ping pong
- paddle boarding
- aquatic inflatables
- archery tag
- ropes course
- zip lining
- campfires…and more!
Friday, September 23, 2016 – Sunday, September 25, 2016
- Friday, September 23 — buses depart from in front of Schulich’s Marketplace at 2 pm, 4 pm, and 6:30 pm (2 buses at each time)
- Sunday, September 25 — all buses leave Camp Timberlane at 11 am and will return students in front of Schulich’s Marketplace
- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 2 dinners
- Snacks and drinks (of the regular and spirited variety)
- 2-nights shared cabin accommodations
- Round trip transportation
What to Bring:
- bedding (sheets, pillow, blanket and/or sleeping bag)
- long pants
- athletic shoes
- insect repellent
- umbrella/rain jacket (just in case)
- personal toiletries (toothbrush and paste)
- prescription medications (if required/needed)
Register now! Visit the GBC website to secure your spot.
Need more convincing? Watch this video from Schulympics 2015 and see what it’s all about!