MBA Research Skills Workshop
September 26, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 6:45 pm
The workshop covers business research fundamentals and offers an overview of citation tools. It is designed to assist with secondary research expectations for assignments/projects in the MBA program and will feature a few specific examples relevant to MGMT 5150 to place sources in the context of current MBA course work.
More specifically attendees will come away with resources and strategies for:
- Sourcing journal and news articles on myriad business research topics including library subscription databases.
- Conducting company research (publicly-traded and private companies) including competitor analysis, CSR activities, SWOT analyses, key financials and filings.
- Researching industry trends for industries domestically and globally, both broadly and narrowly (niche industries) defined.
- Searching library databases to uncover market research reports and market segmentation data.
- Using citation tools, especially Zotero, to collect, manage and cite research sources found including library subscription sources and information found on the free web.
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
5:30pm to 6:45pm
Webinar – Online Workshop
Thursday, October 4, 2018
12:00pm – 1:00pm