Panel: Strategies for Getting Hired in the Technology Sector
January 24, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
York University Career Centre’s Career Conversations Panels let students explore a variety of careers within a specific field, connect with York alumni and individuals working in their field of interest, and get inside tips on securing employment in a specific industry from professionals who do the hiring.
Connect with representatives from the top technology firms at this session!
Meet professionals who do the hiring, gain insight into the field, and get strategies and tips on:
- Where to look for and secure a position within the industry;
- How to make connections within the tech field;
- What is involved in the application process, e.g. specific hiring dates, materials required;
- How to write an effective resumé and cover letter targeted to their organization;
- What to expect during the interview; and
- How to succeed on the job.
Registration is required. You may register for this event on the Career Centre’s online system (you must sign up for an account before you will be able to register for any events on the system).
Note: Location is TBD