Job Title Business English Facilitator
Department York University English Language Institute (YUELI) School of Continuing Studies
Program International Business and Intercultural Communication Program
Job Type Short-term Non-continuous
Hourly wage $15
Location On and off campus
Dates August 8-26, 2016
Schedule M-F 1:30-4:00 pm
Leading afternoon discussion topics; attending on-campus and off-campus social activities, as required.
Overview The York University English Language Institute would like to offer you the position of Business English Facilitator (BEF) to provide leadership and facilitate English language communication for the International Business and Intercultural Communication (IBIC) Program. BEFs provide program support and direct student support by helping students work toward communicative language goals during socio-cultural activities.
This position is open to 3rd and 4th year Schulich BBA students, and MBA students, either in their 1st or 2nd year of MBA studies. Students must be available during the Monday to Friday 1:30-4:00 schedule, though not necessarily on all weekdays. The final BEF schedule will be confirmed based on BBA/MBA student availability.
- Work closely with YUELI Instructors and attend PM classes
- Work effectively with YUELI Student Services Coordinator and Community Leaders
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating on-campus events.
- Develop and instruct Business English discussion topics, provided by YUELI in advance.
- 3rd or 4th year Schulich BBA Candidate/1st or 2nd year MBA Candidate
- Some experience (formal or informal) teaching or tutoring students
- Strong commitment to improving the English language skills of students
- University or other leadership experience
- Dependable, reliable, and punctual
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to meet challenges with enthusiasm
- Successful experience working with people from diverse educational, linguistic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
- Sensitivity to diversity in learning styles, cultures, backgrounds, and adult learner needs
To Apply Please forward a resume and covering letter to Graham Sue, Associate Director, Recruitment & Admission (firstname.lastname@example.org), by 5:00 PM on Friday, February 26, 2016.
Leave A Comment