I chose the IMBA because I was interested in a program that exposed me to a truly international environment and the diversity at Schulich was the best match.My experience as an international student has been great! I’ve loved meeting people from all around the world and with such different backgrounds. I would say this is one of the greatest assets of the program. People make this program.The work term really attracted me as well because I believe that the best way to learn is through real life experience and it was a perfect opportunity to put into practice what I’d learned in class.I did my summer internship in Toronto at a medical equipment company from the US that came to Canada about 5 years ago. I worked closely with the CEO on business development initiatives. One of the projects focused on the positioning of one of their star products, for which I created sales material. Another big project was to conduct an industry benchmark in order to identify how the company was performing. I must say that the courses I took during my first year gave me the right tools to address different challenges.
I’ve discovered that Toronto is an amazing city to live and work in. There’s always something to do and I keep discovering places that make this experience priceless.
5 IMBA Highlights with Regina:
- One all-time favourite place visited: Edge Walk at the CN Tower
- One lesson learned working in Canada: Toronto is an extraordinarily diverse city, so always be aware of the cultural differences, and prepare so you can adapt better to your new environment
- One experience or moment abroad that had a huge impact on me: I think the whole experience has had a huge impact on me overall, especially the friends I’ve made and the places I’ve visited. I’m a different person today and this has happened gradually since I moved to Toronto, from Launch Week to this day.
- One sentence that summarizes the value of an IMBA: The IMBA gives you two extraordinary things: business insights from some of the world´s best business professors, and the opportunity to network and connect with Canada´s industry leaders.
- One piece of advice to students considering an IMBA: Be ready for one of the most exciting two years of your life and take the most out of each and every moment.
Leave A Comment