Combine your education with the power of experience
The Heather L. Main Memorial Scholarship honours the memory of a pioneering woman in the Canadian capital markets. Align yourself with the capital markets!
This is one of the biggest and most prestigious scholarships – so keep it on your radar! If you are a full-time female MBA student just starting first year and you are interested in a career in Capital Markets/Finance then please take note of this scholarship. The deadline will be in October this year and applications will be available shortly. The Financial Aid team will be holding small information sessions about this opportunity. Stay tuned!
Build practical skills, gain experience, network with industry leaders, enjoy financial assistance and launch into a successful career in capital markets.
Encouraging female participation in the Canadian capital markets, the Heather L. Main Memorial Scholarship includes:
- $25,000 cash award
- Paid summer internship at a leading investment dealer
- Women’s leadership training
- One-year mentorship program
- One-year WCM student membership
- First year female full-time MBA students.
- First year female IMBA international students where English is your chosen language (the internship meets your IMBA Work Term criteria). *
- SBI first year female full-time students – you have to live in Toronto during May-August for the internship – no exceptions. *
- Demonstrated interest in Capital Markets, academic excellence, community involvement, and leadership capabilities as described within the application
- Paid summer internship will be served immediately before the final year of MBA. The applicant must be available for the full four months (i.e., May-August) to complete her summer internship.
*Please note: For international students, this is a scholarship that is given to a student who has interest in and will work in the Canadian Capital Markets upon completion of your degree.
We will be holding a webinar for those that are interested in the very near future where you can ask questions on any aspect of the application process as well as receive tips on application completion.
Even though the application asks for transcripts you DO NOT have to supply them with your application to us. We have access to your program file which contains your original transcripts used to apply to the program. This scholarship is a fabulous opportunity that can lead to a full-time job offer. Having previous Capital Markets/Finance experience is NOT a requirement to apply. Having interest in going forward in Capital Markets is.
Please see the attached for details.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or are interested in attending an information session/webinar. Date and time of the information session will be confirmed shortly once the internship interview schedule has been confirmed.