The Faculty of Graduate Studies is pleased to announce the launch of the GradConnect Wellness Services Wellness Consultation program.
What is a Wellness Consultation?
Wellness consultations are short meetings that provide a starting point for students seeking to enhance their personal mental health or well-being. These are education and support-based and offered by a mental health professional.
Who Can Request a Wellness Consultation?
All registered York University graduate students can now access this service.
Graduate students can request a wellness consultation for assistance with:
- Concerns about mental health;
- Balancing life as a graduate student;
- Personal wellness goal setting;
- Transitioning to graduate school;
- Difficulty coping with stress, anxiety, self-doubt, overwhelm or isolation;
- Staying healthy while progressing through one’s degree program;
- Exploring options for mental health and wellness services at York University or in the community;
- Psychoeducation and resources
Interested? Next Steps:
For more information or to book a consultation, please visit Wellness Consultations at http://gradstudies.yorku.ca/current-students/wellness-services/wellness-consultations/, or contact the Manager, Graduate Student Wellness Services at:
Manager, Graduate Student Wellness Services
Faculty of Graduate Studies
T (416) 736-2100 Ext. 33379
The Wellness Consultation service does not replace the need for ongoing personal counselling or other mental health supports. Graduate students can continue to access counselling services through the Student Counselling & Development office (formerly Personal Counselling Services). Student Counselling & Development, weekdays 8:30am-4:30pm. Located at N110, Bennett Centre for Student Service, (416) 736-5297.