We are delighted to advise you that the Canaccord Genuity Diversity Award of Excellence is now open for application!
We are pleased to announce the launch of the Canaccord Genuity Diversity Award of Excellence, an academic scholarship to benefit Black students at the Schulich School of Business at York University in Toronto.
One award will be offered each year to an MBA candidate entering their first year. They include financial support, mentorship and the opportunity to interview for a summer internship with Canaccord Genuity.
The Canaccord Genuity Diversity Award of Excellence was created to benefit BBA/iBBA and MBA students at the Schulich School of Business. Canaccord Genuity (CG) and all of its affiliates aim to create a workplace where diversity is encouraged and in which all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential for excellence. To create economic opportunities in the Black community and to encourage a more equitable future, CG has established a well-rounded awards program that will unlock the full potential of Black students pursuing a career in capital markets/wealth management. The Award will be given annually to one (1) incoming Black MBA student who demonstrate both academic excellence (minimum GPA of B+) and an interest in capital markets/wealth management. The recipients will demonstrate exemplary leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as strong experience in community-building.
– Incoming FA21 Black MBA student
– Minimum B+ average in previous studies
– Demonstrated interest in Capital Markets/Wealth Management
– Exemplary leadership and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrate strong experience in community building
– Eligibility is not open to CG employees or their relatives
Applicants must through a detailed cover letter and resume highlighting their leadership/community experience and passion for capital markets/wealth management.
– One (1) CAD $10,000 scholarship to an Incoming FA21 Black MBA student) – scholarship funds to be deposited into the York University student account
– Unique to this awards program is the immediate investment of an optional continuous CG mentorship throughout the year and an opportunity to interview for a summer internship.
Deadline to apply is October 8, 2021 at 3:00 PM EST.
Good luck to everyone who applies!