This Winter term, take the opportunity to earn credit for ENTR 6960 while you work one-on-one with an entrepreneurial or venture capital mentor in real time!
As this award-winning course enters its fourth year, a select group of students will be matched with a Mentor (Founder or Venture Capital Leader) in ENTR 6960. Work with your Mentor as they assess challenges and opportunities at placement sites within Toronto’s Innovation Ecosystem.
Who Is This Course For?
This is a great opportunity if your post-graduation plans include any of the following:
- Starting your own company
- Working with a start-up founder as a Chief of Staff or similar role
- Becoming a Professional Venture Investor
This course is applicable for Schulich MBA students only.
What is the Time Commitment & Credit Weight?
The Mentorship Match program will require that you complete 215 hours (an average of 18 hours per week), and will earn you 6.00 academic credits upon completion. Mentors are committed to meeting for an average of 2-3 hours per week on objectives and project work. Your time can be one or a combination of on-site and remote work (based on the work plan you establish with your Mentor). You will need to ensure you have enough time and space in your schedule to fulfill the obligations of this opportunity.
- Read the full Student Outline carefully (linked below).
- Apply for the course here: ENTR 6960: Venture Mentorship Match Application (Winter 2023). The application will ask you to indicate which of the two Mentorship would like to sign up for. You will also need to submit an application letter and your CV/Resume in the online application form.
- You will then be invited for an interview with the Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship where we would love to learn more about your interests, motivations, and skills.
- Top 25 students will be selected and introduced to Mentors based on their background, preferences and discussions with the Course Instructor.
- After you have had a chance to meet the company/founder, we will support you with all the internal approvals and remaining paperwork.
Applications must be submitted by the end of day (EOD) on 14 October 2022.
Note: Your application letter to the Course Instructor should include the following types of information (not all required):
- Current/Past Startup Experience (Staff/Founder)
- Relevant Courses Studying/Studied
- Schulich Startups Community Contributions/Participation
- Personal Passion for Startup/Innovation Sector
- Other Relevant Work/Leadership Experience