Post-Graduation Work Permit: Info Session
March 26, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Are you graduating this June? Do you want to remain and work in Canada after you complete your degree?
The Government of Canada offers Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWPs) to eligible international students who’ve completed their degree requirements, allowing you to remain in Canada and work for up to three years. If you are graduating this term, or will be on exchange in your final term in 2019/2020, you are strongly encouraged to attend the upcoming PGWP session. This session will include:
- Study permit validity and work authorization after you complete your program
- Maintaining your status in Canada
- Updated PGWP eligibility criteria and application process
- Extending status of family members in Canada
IMPORTANT: The Government of Canada recently updated the instructions and requirements for PGWP’s (see summary below). If you have previously attended a PGWP session prior to the Winter 2019 term, you are strongly encouraged to attend a current session to ensure you have the most up-to-date information.
1) You must attend a relevant information session before booking a 1:1 immigration advising appointment for PGWP matters. If you have not attended a session, your appointment will be cancelled.
2) Spouses and partners are welcome (and encouraged) to attend!
Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWP) information session
Tuesday, March 26th @ 11:30am – 1:30pm (make-up session)
Room: G101 (McEwen building)