Are you looking to enhance your employability? Knowing how to apply, network and interview is an art as well as a science. Based on experiential learning pedagogy, this course will seek to provide you with an actionable strategy and necessary tools and develop your skills to succeed in finding internships and jobs.
In this course you will:
- Learn how to align your career path with your values and interests
- Develop an actionable career strategy
- Build and deliver compelling presentations
- Take a deep dive into the art of writing polished resumes and cover letters
- Practice behavioral & case interviews
- Experience a networking simulation with customized feedback
- Build a strong and relevant LinkedIn profile
- Explore business dining etiquette, voice coaching & body language
The course will provide multiple opportunities to interact with C level executives and senior MBA alumni to gain actionable insights about the skills that will make you attractive to employers. You will also have two one-on-one coaching sessions. Bonus: there is no final exam!
“I thoroughly enjoyed the Professional Development for Managers course (MGMT 6350). It was extremely helpful for my job search, for understanding the Canadian corporate culture and to become a better professional. Moreover, the industry guest speakers added tremendous value to the take always from this elective.”
Senior Manager, Cards Strategy and Business Effectiveness, CIBC
This course is delivered by Minerva Cernea, Associate Director, Head of the Professional Development and Experiential Education Office at the Schulich School of Business. Minerva has been successfully teaching and coaching IMBA students at the Schulich School of Business for over six years and has extensive local and international leadership experience, both corporate and entrepreneurial, directly managing organizations as well as selecting over 450 leaders for companies around the world. You can read about her profile at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/minervacernea/.
If you have questions about the course, please reach out to Minerva Cernea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave A Comment