Are you looking to enhance your employability? Knowing how to apply, network and interview is an art as well as a science. Based on experiential learning pedagogy, this course will seek to provide you with an actionable strategy and necessary tools and develop your skills to succeed in finding internships and jobs.
In this course you will:
- Learn how to align your career path with your values and interests
- Develop an actionable career strategy
- Build and deliver compelling presentations
- Take a deep dive into the art of writing polished resumes and cover letters
- Practice behavioral & case interviews
- Experience a networking simulation with customized feedback
- Build a strong and relevant LinkedIn profile
- Explore business dining etiquette, voice coaching & body language
The course will provide multiple opportunities to interact with C level executives and senior MBA alumni to gain actionable insights about the skills that will make you attractive to employers. You will also have two one-on-one coaching sessions. Bonus: there is no final exam!
The course will be offered in the fall term, on Fridays, between 11:30 and 14:30. Majority of sessions will be in person with some sessions possibly offered online.
This course is delivered by Minerva Cernea, Associate Director, Head of the Professional Development and Experiential Education Office at the Schulich School of Business. Minerva has been successfully teaching and coaching IMBA students at the Schulich School of Business for over six years and has extensive local and international leadership experience, both corporate and entrepreneurial, directly managing organizations as well as selecting over 450 leaders for companies around the world. You can read about her profile at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/minervacernea/.
If you have questions about the course, please reach out to Minerva Cernea at email@example.com.