The Schulich Emergency Bursary is now open for application.
If you experience unforeseen and extremely difficult circumstances that impacted your financial situation due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible for the Schulich Emergency Bursary. This bursary will help to provide immediate short-term relief for unexpected expenses related to emergency housing, rent, food and other costs due to COVID-19. It is not intended as a source of long-term funding. Funding assistance if approved is in the $500-$2500 range.
The Schulich Emergency Bursary is open to all domestic and international Master/Diploma level Schulich students to help cover short term immediate needs such as rent, food, internet and lost wages due to workplace closures.
1) All Master/Diploma Schulich students (domestic and international) who are currently enrolled in Winter 2020 courses.
2) Demonstrate financial need
3) Include a personal statement explaining how COVID-19 impacted your financial situation.
4) Upload supporting documentation*
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION (if applicable):
1) Current bank and investment account statements;
2) Current student line of credit balance as well as remaining available credit, OR, proof of denial of line of credit if applicable;
3) Government funding summary for the applicable year and account of outstanding government loans, OR, proof of denial of government funding if applicable; and
4) Proof of loss of employment
5) Any other relevant documentation to support the request.
It is expected that prior to applying for this Schulich Emergency Bursary, students will have explored all sources of funding such as family support, savings and study period income, OSAP, CERB, or other government assistance programs, daycare subsidies, bank lines of credit, as appropriate.
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the application here:
Funding will be granted on a rolling basis. Application period closes on May 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
NOTE: Applying for funding and showing financial need does not guarantee receipt of emergency funding. Applications are reviewed on a case by case basis. Only those applicants who demonstrate very high financial need may be awarded funding.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.