It’s that time again!
With the end of term right around the corner, here are some helpful resources and reminders to finish the term successfully.
Winter 2017 exams run from April 8-15
A few reminders…
Find exam details specific to your classes on the Schulich Course Offerings website.
If you miss a final exam due to unforeseen circumstances, you must contact the Director of Student and Enrolment Services, Keshia Gray within 24 hours of missing the exam.
If you are unable to write an exam due to illness, you must submit an Attending Physician’s Statement to Student & Enrolment Services (W262P). Reminder: York University recently updated the Attending Physician’s Statement – more on that here.
For students taking classes out of faculty please follow the revised exam schedule as posted by the Registrar’s Office. If there are any conflicts, please visit Student & Enrolment Services.
General Exam Information
- Repeated or additional assignments and exams are not given in the Schulich School of Business to provide the student with a chance of improving the course grade.
- Examination booklets/answer sheets become the property of the University and are retained for the full Fall or Winter term immediately following the term in question.
- No examinations or tests (in-class or take-home) collectively worth more than 20% of the course grade are permitted during the final 14 calendar days of classes in any Schulich course. Excepted are courses that run on weekends, courses in compressed terms, and courses with 6.00 or more contact hours per week. An assignment is not considered a take-home examination if students have at least two weeks to complete it.
- If cheating is identified, the matter will be documented by the invigilator or instructor and forwarded immediately to the Associate Dean, Academic for action.
Exam Resources & Stress Management
Preparing for and writing exams can be stressful. We’ve compiled some links to resources that you may find helpful during this time:
- SPARK, York University’s new online tool in support of student success, connects you with consolidated resources on time management, including these procrastination solutions.
- Access a variety of workshops and exam prep sessions from Learning Skills Services, including sessions on dealing with test anxiety.
- Struggling with take-home exams or final assignments? The Bronfman Library has resources to assist you with citation, business research and more!
- Remember that Academic Peer Support is available for FREE to international students who need some proofreading help!
Good luck! Keep calm and study on ✌️