Students may be eligible for final examination deferrals on the grounds of sickness, accidents or family misfortune. Exam deferrals allow students additional time during which studies may be completed and a grade earned.
In the event that you miss an exam due to illness, you must follow these procedural guidelines to be approved for a deferred exam.
1. Contact Keshia Gray, Director, Student & Enrolment Services within 24 hours of missing a final examination. E-mail email@example.com and include the date, time and course for the exam missed, and reason for the absence.
2. You must also contact your course instructor and notify them of your absence within 24 hours of missing a final exam.
3. If you’ve missed a final exam due to illness, you must submit an Attending Physician’s Statement, located in the Graduate Academic Forms database on your MySchulich Student Portal. Submitting documentation substantiating the reason for the absence does not guarantee approval of a deferred final exam. Permission to write a deferred exam is subject to review by Student & Enrolment Services and the course instructor.
4. If a deferred final exam is denied, you can petition to the Student Affairs Committee within 14 calendar days of the decision.
5. If approved, it is your responsibility to arrange the deferred final exam with the course instructor.
Please refer to pg. 23-24 of the Graduate Policy Handbook for the accommodations policy and other information about exam regulations.
Good luck on your final exams!