Welcome to the Analytics by Design Case Competition!
What’s Analytics by Design?
Analytics by Design is a professional community that was initiated by a group of enthusiastic analytics professionals (primarily Queen’s University Master of
Management Analytics alumni). Currently, Analytics by Design is organizing a two-day conference that brings advanced analytics experts, business executives, and analytics practitioners together to discuss the pressing issues faced by businesses and how to solve them by leveraging analytics.
What’s Analytics by Design Case Competition?
The Analytics by Design Case Competition will present an opportunity for students to showcase their skills and tackle a real-world business challenge. The competition has a preliminary round. Submissions will be made online, and a few teams will be invited to Queen’s University Downtown Campus on May 10th, 2018 to compete for the grand prize.
On the day of the final competition, every team will be assigned a professional coach (most are senior data scientists) who will provide advice and guidance to help teams improve and revise their solutions. Every team will present the final results to a panel of judges who will decide on the three winning teams that will be announced by the end of the day of the final competition.
Case Competition Rules
1. The Case Competition challenge will consist of a business challenge that needs to be solved using a combination of analytical techniques and business acumen.
2. A team consists of 3-5 members. You must register as a team with all team members’ information completed online at https://abdtoronto.com/casecompetition.
3. Every participant must be a post-secondary student who is currently enrolled in a postsecondary degree program and who is expected to graduate after May 31th, 2018.
4. Participation is free-of-charge.
5. The final results will be judged by a panel of industry experts. There is a total prize pool of $1,700 for the top 3 teams. Free tickets to the conference next day will be distributed to winning teams as well.
6. Submission requirements will be provided to registered participants.
Please complete the registration online at https://abdtoronto.com/casecompetition for all team members.