Earn 3.00 credits this Fall, while learning about Entrepreneurship and Product Management as part of the Together 4.0 Program (our partnership with Startup India).
ENTR 6500 – Startup Lab : The Together Mission
Each student in the course, launching this Fall, will be matched with a top Indian Student Startup that has been selected to participate in the Together 4.0 Program. The students will work on advising these startups as they compete in the program, working alongside top startup/VC ecosystem Mentors (1 from Canada and 1 from India).
Who is this course for?
This is course will be a great fit for students who:
- Are looking to build a career in the field of product development/design after graduation
- Want to be a part of the entrepreneurship and innovation space in either India or Canada
- Are looking for a course with a dynamic hands-on experience
- Are looking to work with people from a diverse ecosystem as a part of the MBA.
This course is mandatory for first year MBA in India students and open to second year MBA students as an elective.
Who is the instructor for the course?
The course is led by Chris Carder, Adjunct Professor and Executive Director of The Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at The Schulich School of Business. Chris is a serial entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience in the digital/technology sector and is a high-impact individual in the Canadian Entrepreneurship and Innovation space. He is also a Startup advisor, Venture Partner, Board member and Investor across various companies.
What is the duration of the course?
The course runs for 6 weeks, beginning in September, with an additional week spent collaborating with the assigned Indian student startup. The course concludes at the end of reading week in October 2023.
Students are expected to maintain good communication and set realistic deadlines/goals for the startups that they will be advising over the duration of the course.
- Class 1 – September 12
- Class 2 – September 19
- Class 3 – September 26
- Class 4 – October 3
- Class 5 – October 10
- Class 6 – October 17
- Class 7
- Together 4.0 – October 23 – October 28 (Reading Week)
- The Together 4.0 Work Integrated learning week happens from October 23rd, 2023 – October 28, 2023. Commitment with the Indian Student Entrepreneurs will be of prime importance through these dates, which is reading week. This is balanced by the fact that there are no classes for this course in November and December.
How do I apply?
- Go to REM (Registration and Enrolment Module) and add the Catalogue Number #M88S01
The Entrepreneurship Bootcamp and Venture Competition features pairs of inspired student entrepreneurs handpicked from over 5000+ Indian colleges and 600+ universities. Each venture team presents ideas to innovate and build startups across several sectors of national importance to unlock business opportunities fit for the Indian commercial landscape.
A community of 600 + Students, startup founders, investors, and coaches from India & Canada working online together.
Together 4.0 will be an amazing learning opportunity in the entrepreneurship space, including:
- An open-education model that will now allow the training of thousands of Indian Student Entrepreneurs.
- Indian Student Ventures in the Top 20 will receive dedicated mentorship from specialized Canadian and Indian mentors over a period of one week.
- Inspirational Keynote speeches and remarks by dignitaries and leaders promote social entrepreneurship and deeper connections between the two ecosystems.
- A Grand Finale with live pitches from the Top 6 teams streamed to an estimated audience of 10,000+
With the incredible support of mentors, trainers, guest speakers, leaders, students and student entrepreneurs, the Together initiative has seen monumental success leaving a tremendous impact on the founders and students alike. Over the last 3 years of the Together program, the strength of the connection between the Canadian and Indian entrepreneurship ecosystems has grown manifold.
In case of any questions, you can mail
Chris Carder – firstname.lastname@example.org