Calling all creatives!
Student & Enrolment Services is seeking a creative design professional to support the production and enhancement of print, video and digital communications.
If you’re passionate about communications, media and graphic design, we’d love to see your application!
Reporting to the Director, Student & Enrolment Services, the Design Assistant will play an integral role in student-focused communications. This role will develop, maintain and enhance aspects of the Schulich School of Business’ communications, such as print, web and social media.
Key Responsibilities Include…
- supporting the design and production work for digital and print assets such as academic handbooks, viewbooks, enrolment communications and brochures
- developing content for Schulich’s web properties with adherence to brand integrity
- improving existing communications to suit a diverse audience and for better digital consumption and measurable success analytics
- designing and editing social media content
- Successful completion of a diploma/degree and/or courses in Communications plus 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Advanced skills in web layout and formatting to produce standard compliant web pages
- Advanced skills in WordPress, presentation software, Adobe Creative Suite and common social media platforms. Intermediate Excel.
- Proven skills and familiarity with web systems such as RSS, Social Networking, discussion forums, wikis, blogs, search engine optimization
- Advanced knowledge of print media, layout, design, formatting, digital practices, web publishing, AODA-compliant design, as well as printing press processes
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced knowledge of audio and video editing software such as Adobe Premiere and photography is an asset
- This role is a full-time, 4-month contract, from May 1, 2019 (or earlier) – August 31, 2019
- Hours are 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday in Student & Enrolment Services (W263)
- The rate of pay is $20/hour
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Andrea Banerjee, Communications Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 4:30pm.
Examples of work demonstrating your print and/or digital media skills will be required if shortlisted for an interview.