JOB TITLE: Executive Ambassador
DEPARTMENT: Student Services and International Relations
SALARY: $1000 (total: 60 hours) Or $2000 (total: 120 hours)
RESTRICTION: Graduate student. Ontario resident. Must demonstrate need with Financial Aid office.
NO OF POSITIONS: multiple
POSITION START DATE: October 2016 POSITION END DATE: April 2017
Executive Ambassadors are a select group of graduate students chosen to support community engagement, provide leadership and mentorship to graduate ambassador volunteers and lead the Graduate Student Ambassador Program. The program goal is to provide prospective and newly-admitted students with an “inside look” at what the Schulich School of Business has to offer by connecting them with current students who can give their perspective on the Schulich experience. Student ambassadors also serve as a resource for current students to assist with academic insight and maximize the Schulich experience. These leadership positions in addition to building soft skills give you an opportunity to give back to the Schulich community. By engaging in meaningful interactions with prospective and current students, Executive Ambassadors build their leadership skills, expand their network and serve as role models for the Schulich student community.
The positions can work around the student’s schedule. Evening work is required.
Graduate Student Ambassador Coordination
- Recruit, train and evaluate graduate student ambassadors on how the program works and opportunities available to them
- Maintain database with demographics of active ambassadors and track participation
- Provide feedback to Student Services and International Relations on the performance of ambassadors
- Assist with the coordination of on-campus events including the selection of ambassadors for participation
- Engage in social media and write blog posts/articles promoting the Program and individual ambassadors
- Develop rewards system and events to recognize the contribution of ambassadors
- Provides a year-end report on the delivery of the Program and areas for improvement
- Executive Ambassadors will be required to work in SSIR to satisfy their bursary hours
- On-campus recruitment event participation is required outside of bursary hours
- Assist with reviewing and developing new resources for current students.
Executive Ambassador Activities
- Respond to emails, set up phone calls or Skype chats with candidates to discuss the student experience, and conduct necessary follow up
- Set up class visits and building tours (create schedule, contact professors, arrange meeting points, conduct building tours, respond to questions, escort candidates to class, arrange introductions to professors, send follow ups to thank them for visiting, etc.)
- Speak and conduct tours at graduate info sessions, events, etc. Monitor online and social media platforms, i.e., by selected region/country, post events, announcements, provide feedback about activities to SSIR team, etc.
- Participate and assist in events, sessions, and/or webinars as required within the Student Services and International Relations.
- Contribute meaningful content for the website, Gradblog etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Continuing students who have participated in the Graduate Ambassador Program previously are preferred
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for the Schulich community, the School, and the graduate programs
- Engaged in the Schulich community and a deep understanding of the student experience.
- Dynamic communication skills; excellent public relations and presentation skills in order to provide the highest level of customer service; excellent knowledge of the key advantages of a Schulich degree;; pleasant telephone manner; good organizational and time-management skills; ability to exercise good judgment and ensure confidentiality; maintain attention to detail and accuracy; ability to work effectively as a team member; good working knowledge of Microsoft office software, and email; Photoshop and/or InDesign skills an asset.
This position is part of the Service Bursary program. To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person and an Ontario resident.
- Current full-time Schulich Graduate student
- Able to demonstrate financial need via the bursary application
SUBMISSION: Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 11, 2016.
Note: Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. A short presentation about your Schulich experience will be required.
Leave A Comment