Great news for all of our Nadal students! We’re bringing our next academic workshop to YOU in downtown Toronto.
Thanks to interest on behalf of many of our Section R students, the Bronfman Business Library has kindly scheduled a second, condensed session of the MBA Research Tools workshop at the Nadal Management Centre.
Head over to Lecture Room 1 on your break and learn how you can get an edge in conducing graduate-level research with some helpful tools.
Thursday November 12, 2015
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Lecture Room 1, Miles S. Nadal Management Centre
The workshop covers business research fundamentals and offers an overview of citation tools. It is designed to assist with secondary research expectations for assignments/projects in the MBA/MSBA program, and will feature a few specific examples relevant to MGMT/MSBA 5150 to place sources in the context of current MBA/MSBA course work.
More specifically attendees will come away with resources and strategies for:
- Sourcing journal and news articles on myriad business research topics including library subscription databases.
- Conducting company research (publicly-traded and private companies) including competitor analysis, CSR activities, SWOT analyses, key financials and filings.
- Researching industry trends for industries domestically and globally, both broadly and narrowly (niche industries) defined.
- Searching library databases to uncover market research reports and market segmentation data.
- Using citation tools, especially Zotero, to collect, manage and cite research sources found including library subscription sources and information found on the free web.
Please note: This workshop is conditional on sufficient registration. If there is low interest, the workshop will be cancelled until Winter 2016 term.
[button link=”https://forms.schulich.yorku.ca/academicworkshops/” bg_color=”#000000″]REGISTER NOW![/button]