Climate Change and the Transition to a Low Carbon Economy
The Net Impact club’s conference for 2018 will focus on the wide-ranging effects of global climate change, how policy is evolving to address the threats and opportunities we face, and how different areas of business are dealing with the challenges.
A “Low Carbon Economy” is about much more than you might think. Virtually all areas of business can play a role in reducing our overall carbon output and the club’s leadership are excited to bring together panels of experts to discuss what is being done and what opportunities we have yet to take advantage of.
Attend the conference and hear from industry experts on:
– The science of climate change, how it affects our lives and business in general
– How policy is evolving to address the new issues we face as a society and how businesses of all kinds are impacted
– Finance and investment tools and trends aimed to generate economic, environmental and social returns
– What CPG companies are doing with regard to product design, packaging, supply chain and more
– The apparel industry’s role and solutions to production, consumption, and textile waste
– Real Estate: Sustainability in the Built World
– Clean energy projects, innovations and scalability
Refreshments, lunch, wine and cheese will be served!
Some of the amazing speakers lined up so far include:
– Prof. Gordon McBean – President of the International Council for Science
– Dr. Blair Feltmate – Head of the Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation
– Julia Langer – CEO, The Atmospheric Fund
– Kathryn Wortsman – Fund Manager, Catalyst Fund (MaRS)
– Kathy Cheng – President of WS & Co.
– Nelson A. Switzer – Chief Sustainability Officer at Nestle Waters
– Alex Kjorven – Director of Corporate Development at Purpose Capital
– Brian Minns – Manager, Sustainable Investing at Addenda Capital
– Walter Kraus – Principle, Efficient2Sustainable Inc.
– Jonathan Frank – Director of Projects at CoPower
– Abhishek Bhasin – Vice Chair, Board of Directors at Oikocredit Canada
– Keegan Tully – Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives at Ontario Power Generation
– Elizabeth (Koster) Linley – Manager, Climate Change and Sustainability Services at EY
– Andrew (Andy) Dale – Founder and CEO of LeDaveed
– Stacey Fruitman – Advisor, MaRS Catalyst Fund & Founder of Style with Substance/SWS Ventures
Non Member: $25
Leave A Comment