Today marks the first day of Fall Term classes for graduate students!
Here are some important reminders for the days ahead. If you have questions about course enrolment, drop in to Student & Enrolment Services (Room W263) or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Attendance in class is mandatory. If you have extenuating circumstances that will prevent you from attending class, you must notify your instructor in advance. Student & Enrolment Services will de-enroll students at the instructors’ request for non-attendance.
- Drop-in advising is available until September 14. This week, Student & Enrolment Services will be open until 7:00 PM Monday to Thursday and until 5:00 PM on Friday. No appointment necessary. If you wish to have academic advising at our Nadal campus, please book a 1-1 advising appointment.
- Full-time students will automatically be registered and charged for the York University Graduate Students’ Association (YUGSA) Health Plan. More on that here.
- Lockers for graduate students will be available in the new building. Students will be notified when registration is open. Check here for details.
- The Fall 2018 waitlist will continue to be assessed until Friday, September 14. Get a refresher on how the waitlist works.
- Please ensure you are enrolled in a full course load as permission from the waitlist is not guaranteed. Instructor permission does not override the waitlist. Enrol with Instructor Permission is available as of September 15. This form is also required if you have received approval for waiving a pre-requisite.
- The deadline to pay Fall 2018 tuition fees is September 10. Check your student account. Students must drop all courses for the term to be eligible for a refund. Please note the refund table dates.
- The deadline for students to switch from full-time to part-time (or vice versa) for Fall 2018 is September 10. Complete an Enrolment Status Change form by the deadline.
- If you did not study in Summer 2018 and you need to also take the Fall term (or more) off, you must Request a Leave of Absence (LOA) by September 14.
- Pre-requisite checks are currently being completed. Students who do not have a pre/co-requisite (or a waiver from the instructor) will be de-enrolled and notify. Please ensure you meet the requirements for the courses you are enrolled in as you may find difficulty finding a replacement course.
- Review the Quick Links on the Schulich Current Students site. You will find the most frequently viewed web pages at your fingertips.
Best of luck in your first classes of the term!
Leave A Comment