CN is currently looking to hire Management Trainees across Canada that are looking to build a long-term career in the Logistics and Transportation industry.
There is a real advantage for you, and for CN, in having future leaders with an in-depth understanding of CN’s core business. It will help you make better operational and business decisions, no matter which function you work in.
We’ve designed a 2-year program that will help you build your capabilities as a railroader by giving you a stronger understanding of how CN operates and how it provides operational and service excellence.
Over the course of the two-year program, each Trainee will have a learning and development curriculum to gain exposure to CN’s operations and business strategy. As such, you will be exposed to hands-on and field operations experience across various terminals/yards, from Transportation to Engineering, Mechanical and Multimodal. In addition, you will be provided with Leadership, Operations, and Business Training. We are therefore looking for individuals who are flexible in their work locations and schedules for the full duration of the program
- University Degree or Undergraduate degree in, and/or have experience in, one or more of the following areas: Transportation, Logistics, Accounting, Engineering, Human Resources, Labour Relations, Information Technology, Safety, Supply Management, Marketing or Finance.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license and the ability to travel cross-border.
- Be mobile and flexible to travel for the full duration of the program.
- Demonstrate supervisory and leadership skills.
- Committed to customer service and safe work practices.
- Have critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong planning and organization abilities.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
Please include a cover letter with your application explaining why you believe you are the best candidate for this program.
As part of our selection process, you are required to undergo a background check as well as a mandatory medical exam.
Successful graduates of our Management Trainee program will be placed in a permanent management position aligned with their educational background and sponsoring function.
Get on the “fast-track” to a career that offers opportunities beyond expectations!