Please note that registration is now closed for this Fall 2016 academic workshop series. Please check back later in the term for details on our next scheduled workshops!
The Fall term is underway! You’ve attended classes, reviewed your syllabi, and are starting to map your assignments between now and December.
Now is a critical time to ensure you have the right academic skills to succeed on major projects this term. Student & Enrolment Services in collaboration with the Bronfman Business Library will offer a series of workshops designed to equip you for success in your program!
Below are Fall 2016 Workshops currently scheduled at the Keele and Nadal campuses.
Keele Campus: Masters-Level Research Tools
Wednesday September 28, 2016
5:30pm to 7:00pm
Nadal Campus: Masters-Level Research Tools
Thursday September 29, 2016
5:00pm to 6:30pm
Miles S. Nadal Management Centre
Lecture Room #2
Get an edge on your business research!
The workshop covers important research fundamentals and offers an overview of helpful citation tools for conducting business research.
If you’re an MBA student, the session will prepare you for research expectations in your core classes, and will feature a few specific examples relevant to MGMT 5150, to place sources in the context of your current course work.
More specifically, you’ll gain resources and strategies for:
- Sourcing the best journal and news articles for your research
- Conducting research of publicly-traded and private companies including competitor analysis, CSR activities, SWOT analyses, key financials and filings
- Researching industry trends domestically and globally
- Searching library databases to uncover market research reports and market segmentation data
- Using citation tools, especially Zotero, to collect, manage and cite your research sources
Keele Campus: Stress-free Citation
Thursday October 6, 2016
5:30pm to 7:00pm
Cite it right with APA!
Citation is an essential skill to succeed in your program.
Gain a thorough understanding of academic honesty (even the grey areas) in this important workshop!
Topics covered include:
- Do’s and Don’ts for take-home exams
- Defining what constitutes a breach of academic honesty
- How to use Facebook groups and other online forums with academic integrity
- Documenting your research sources using APA citation
- Making evidence-based arguments by acknowledging the work of others
Leave A Comment