SSB W141, Robert R. McEwan Auditorium, Keele Campus
Get the edge early on by attending this workshop, presented by two business librarians!
The workshop covers business research fundamentals and offers an overview of citation tools. It is designed to assist with secondary research expectations for assignments/projects in the MBA/MSBA program, and will feature a few specific examples relevant to MGMT/MSBA 5150 to place sources in the context of current MBA/MSBA course work.
• Sourcing journal and news articles on myriad business research topics including library subscription databases.
• Conducting company research (publicly-traded and private companies)including competitor analysis, CSR activities, SWOT analyses, key financials and filings.
• Researching industry trends for industries domestically and globally, both broadly and narrowly (niche industries) defined.
• Searching library databases to uncover market research reports and market segmentation data.
• Using citation tools, especially Zotero, to collect, manage and cite research sources found including library subscription sources and information found on the free web.