JOB OPPORTUNITY: Academic Peer Support
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Three (3) positions available (5-10 hours per week)
DEPARTMENT/FACULTY: International Relations, Schulich School of Business
RESTRICTION: Graduate Student; Ontario Resident (Bursary Requirement)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 10th, 2016 at 12:00 PM
REPORTS TO: Lindsay Hillcoat, Associate Director, International Relations 416-736-2100 ext. 77893
BURSARY: $1000 for 5-7 hours per week (total: 60 hours) Or $2000 for 10-12 hours per week (total: 120 hours)
TIME REQUIREMENTS: To be scheduled Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
POSITION START DATE: January 18th, 2016
POSITION END DATE: April 11th, 2016
PURPOSE: The Academic Peer Supporter(s) will provide academic peer support to students who have English as an additional language.
- Hold office hours and take appointments in order to provide English language assistance on written academic work (cases/papers/assignments) and verbal English practice
- Assist students with referencing/citations
- Provide guidance on paper/case positioning and structure within the context of Canadian business school expectations
- Provide assistance to the International Relations Unit as required
REQUIREMENTS: Must possess demonstrated skill/ability in the following areas:
- Strong oral and written communication
- Editing and/or tutoring
- Experience interacting and working with people from different cultures and English language capabilities
- Previous TA or English teaching experience an asset
- Should be a second year full-time MBA/IMBA student
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, and an Ontario resident (these are government bursary requirements)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lindsay Hillcoat, Associate Director, International Student Services and Programs at email@example.com by January 10th, 2016 at 12:00 PM.
Only those invited to interview will be contacted – we thank all others for your interest in the position.