International Relations is hiring!
|Job opportunity||International Programs & Exchange Assistant|
|Department/Faculty||Student Services & International Relations, Schulich School of Business|
|Contact Person||Lindsay Hillcoat, Associate Director, International Student Services and Programs|
|Rate of Pay||$19.87/hr + 4% vacation pay|
|Hours Per Week||7 hours/week|
|Position Start Date||Week of January 9, 2017|
|Position End Date||Week of April 3, 2017|
The role of the International Programs & Exchange Assistant is to provide support to the International Relations Office with international and exchange programming.
Provide assistance to the International Relations Office with ongoing projects and short programs (40%)
- Assist with event planning and coordination for incoming and outgoing study tours/short program programs
- Develop a critical path for new programs
- Conduct research and analysis on programs and partner schools
- Develop, edit and update publications and materials pertaining to international opportunities
Support the planning, promotion and execution of exchange programs (25%)
- Assist with the organization of the Exchange Fair and Orientation sessions
- Coordinate event volunteers
- Develop marketing material and communications for exchange
Contribute to International Relations online presence (20%)
- Assist with website updates- uploading content provided into existing website
- Contribute to the execution of International Relations’ social media strategy ie. writing blog posts, posting provided content, coordinating social media activities of student generated content.
Provide support to the International Relations team (10%)
- Assembling event packages
- Front desk coverage when needed
Other related duties as required (5%)
- Undergraduate degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Experience with event planning
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior experience in interacting and communicating across cultures
- Previous office experience
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion & maintain confidentiality
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Design/publishing software an asset
- Student position: Must be a Schulich Graduate Student
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 19th, 2016 at 12 pm.
Only those who will be interviewed will be contacted – we thank all others for your interest in the position.