Are you motivated and outgoing? Are you experienced in customer service, outreach and event support? Are you looking for a summer job that gives back to the incoming graduate student community?
Apply to be the Transition Support Assistant to incoming graduate students!
- First point of contact for incoming students; respond to a high volume of enquiries via email, phone, in-person and Zoom
- Organize enrolment appointments and track students attendance, serve as a resource for students during the session
- Engage with new students to help them with their transition to Schulich
- Assist students with course selection and facilitate the new cohort assignment process
- Review student schedules and provide recommendations and/or solutions
- Share information about student life and the Schulich community
- Provide pre-arranged and ad-hoc tours of the Schulich School of Business for prospective and incoming students, and their families
- Assist in the planning and preparation of Academic Orientation for incoming students
- Research and provide recommendations to improve the student experience at Schulich
- Must be a current York student enrolled in business studies, masters students preferred
- Must be able to work remotely from 8:30 to 4:30 EST (in-person and remote)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, the Transition Support Student will be in frequent communication with newly admitted students
- Must have strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be comfortable presenting to groups of approximately 50 people
- Strong attention to detail and initiative
How To Apply:
Please visit the York University YU-Hire website (posting number: 105159) to view full job details and to apply.
Only those applicants being considered will be contacted for an interview. We thank all those who apply.