Since 1975, Ontario, in partnership with Ontario’s publicly–assisted universities, has encouraged excellence in graduate studies at the masters and doctoral levels through the awarding of Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS). OGS awards are merit–based scholarships available to students in all disciplines of academic study. The OGS program is jointly funded by the Province of Ontario and Ontario universities. The Province of Ontario contributes two-thirds of the value of the award and the university provides one-third.
Value and Duration
$15,000 per year for a one year maximum ($5,000 per term that you are registered as active at Schulich)
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person [under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protections Act (Canada)] at the time of the OGS application deadline date
- Or be a foreign student who is studying in Ontario under a temporary resident visa–student study permit, under the immigration and refugee protection act
- Be taking an eligible program on a full time basis. An eligible program is defined as a full–time program of study of two or three terms at an eligible institution leading to a graduate degree. Eligible programs must be approved as eligible for funding by MTCU
- Have a minimum GPA of (A-). Student must have achieved at least A-minus or equivalent first class standing, in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent).
- Must be Registered as Active and full-time at the Schulich School of Business in Fall 2017 and Winter 2018.
Applications for a master’s level of study: December 1, 2016
Applications for a doctoral level of study: October 26, 2016
How to Apply
Complete an online OGS application (Part A and Part B), print it, and submit your printed copy along with all the supporting documents to Olga Carew, W262J, SSB.
For more information please visit: http://gradstudies.yorku.ca/current-students/student-finances/funding-awards/ogs/
Questions: Please contact Olga Carew at 416-736-2100 ext 77979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org