We’re excited to announce this series of academic workshops, designed to help you succeed in your program! These are a collaborative effort between the Bronfman Business Library and Student Services.
Please save the dates. Registration will open on Monday September 14, 2015. Register at this link.
Part I: MBA Research Tools Workshop
Get the edge early on by attending this workshop, presented by two business librarians!
The workshop covers business research fundamentals and offers an overview of citation tools. It is designed to assist with secondary research expectations for assignments/projects in the MBA/MSBA program, and will feature a few specific examples relevant to MGMT/MSBA 5150 to place sources in the context of current MBA/MSBA course work.
More specifically attendees will come away with resources and strategies for:
• Sourcing journal and news articles on myriad business research topics including library subscription databases.
• Conducting company research (publicly-traded and private companies)including competitor analysis, CSR activities, SWOT analyses, key financials and filings.
• Researching industry trends for industries domestically and globally, both broadly and narrowly (niche industries) defined.
• Searching library databases to uncover market research reports and market segmentation data.
Thursday, September 24, 2015 – 5:30pm to 7:00pm
SSB W141, Robert R. McEwan Auditorium, Keele Campus
Part II: Stress-free Citation: Cite it Right with APA!
Citation is an essential skill for all University students. To refresh your best practices or to learn for the first time about Schulich’s generally accepted standards for citation, sign up for this workshop today! Topics will include methods for documenting your research sources using APA citation style, providing an evidence-based argument by drawing on existing research on the subject matter, and acknowledging the work of others.
Proper citation ensures that you avoid plagiarism and the penalties associated with it. By reviewing the ABC’s of citation you will gain confidence in your research and writing.
This workshop is open to all Schulich students and especially encouraged for students who completed their high school and/or undergraduate education outside of Canada.
Thursday, October 1, 2015 – 5:30pm to 7:00pm
Part III: Writing As A Group
• Is it a challenge to coordinate tasks while being productive during group work?
• Are you stressing out over who should do what?
• Are you finding group members have different definitions of team contribution?
Join Schulich’s Stephen Friedman as he shares strategies for working effectively as a team to produce great work, as well as helpful resources on collaborative writing. This workshop is open to all Schulich students.
Thursday, October 8, 2015 – 5:30pm to 7:00pm