September (and the start of a new academic year) is upon us!
As students start filling the halls of Schulich, we at the Bronfman Business Library want to send everyone a warm welcome back to school! And to get everyone off on the right foot, we thought we’d share our Top Five Essential Facts to get you ready for a successful and fun school year.
#1: Get Your YU Card
You’ll need your YU-Card for checking out books, printing, and much more! Visit the YU-Card Office to find out how you can get this important piece of campus ID. For most of you grad students, you’ll be able to pick up your cards during Launch Week, or in Student & Enrolment Services during the first week of classes.
#2 Get Your Textbooks Online from the York Bookstore
Did you know that you can find, order and buy your textbooks from the Bookstore Website? By using their handy menus and tools, you can find all the books for your classes with a few clicks and BAM! you’re ready for your first day of classes.
#3: The Library’s Extended Hours Return
Want to get a head start on those assignments? Wondering where you can spend a few hours before your evening class starts? Well, starting on September 11th, the Bronfman Business Library will begin their extended hours for the Fall semester. We’ll be open:
- Monday – Thursday – 8:00am – 11:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday: 12:00pm – 8:00pm
Remember the Bronfman Library is here for you at (almost) any time of the day!
#4: Course Reserves? Where are they?!
Do your professors keep mentioning that all of your course readings are on reserve? The library is here to help you access these essential resources for your classes. Locate them quickly and easily by:
- Going to the Bronfman Library Homepage.
- Clicking the Course Reserves tab.
- Entering your course number or professor’s name and clicking Find.
- Clicking on your professor’s section to access your list of course reserves.
#5: Get Support
While the start of a new school year can be stressful, it’s important to know that York University has your back! York has a great support system in place to help students. So whether you need academic counselling, research support from the library, or to talk to a team member from disability services – just remember, we’re here to help you out during this time of change and transition!
- If you’re new to university and need help adjusting, contact Counselling Services.
- If you’re looking to get registered with Disability Services, this article from the Schulich School of Business explains the process.
- Getting academic guidance is easy at Schulich – just book an appointment when it’s convenient for you via our 1-1 online booking system.
- Need help with time management or presentation skills? Check out the workshops offered by York’s Learning Skills department.
- Finally, if you want to get a head start on research for the fall semester, visit the Bronfman Librarian Profile page to find the librarian for your program area.
Wishing you all the best for a successful start of the new academic term!