The Division of Student Services and International Relations is hiring!
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Academic Peer Support
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Two (2) positions available
DEPARTMENT/FACULTY: International Relations, Schulich School of Business
RESTRICTION: Graduate Student; Ontario Resident (Bursary Requirement)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 10th, 2017 at 5:00 PM
REPORTS TO: Lindsay Hillcoat, Director, International Relations
BURSARY: $1000 for 5-7 hours per week (total: 60 hours) OR $2000 for 10-12 hours per week (total: 120 hours)
TIME REQUIREMENTS: To be scheduled Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
POSITION START DATE: Week of September 18nd, 2017
POSITION END DATE: December 8th, 2017
PURPOSE: The Academic Peer Supporter(s) will provide academic peer support to students who have English as an additional language.
- Hold office hours and take appointments in order to edit and provide English language assistance on written academic work (cases/papers/assignments) and verbal English practice.
- Provide assistance to the International Relations Unit as required
REQUIREMENTS: Must possess demonstrated skill/ability in the following areas:
- Strong oral and written communication
- Editing and/or tutoring
- Experience interacting and working with people from different cultures and language capabilities
- Previous TA or English teaching experience an asset
- Should be a second year full-time MBA/IMBA student, a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, and an Ontario resident (these are government bursary requirements)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lindsay Hillcoat, Director, International Relations at email@example.com by September 13th, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Only those invited to interview will be contacted – we thank all others for your interest in the position.