Looking for support on immigration issues or adjusting to Canada/Toronto? As your International Student Support Specialist, I am here to help!

While I have been at Schulich for a few months now and have met many of you, it is time for a proper introduction, especially as my role is brand new to Schulich’s International Relations department. As your International Student Support Specialist, I am here to provide support to Schulich’s international students throughout your Schulich journey, both with navigating entry and adjustment to Canada as well as immigration requirements during your studies and opportunities to stay in Canada post-degree.

As a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) since 2012, I am authorized under Canadian law to provide immigration advice.  I am also a member of the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC), and after having worked as an immigration consultant both in my own practice as well as at a well-respected Toronto immigration law firm, I am excited to be working in this capacity directly with the dynamic and engaged international student community at Schulich!  I also look forward to your feedback on your international student experience and welcome your ideas for information you may find helpful.

You can connect with me in a number of ways, including attending immigration information sessions that will be held over the term. Check out the following upcoming events:

Permanent Residence Options for Schulich International Students

January 31, 2018
5:30pm – 7:00pm
Room N109 Schulich School of Business
Register here!

Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWP)

February 27, 2018
5:30pm – 7:00pm
Location TBD
Register here!

In addition to information sessions, you can also connect with me for one-on-one international student advising.

Email: awelsh@schulich.yorku.ca

Please note, you must have attended a group session first before booking an appointment with me on immigration issues.

And don’t forget about other support services for international students available through International Relations! If you want help with your English language written academic work or want to practice your verbal English skills, you can book a one-one-one appointment with an Academic Peer Supporter!