Starting 601? Read on to ensure you meet the prerequisites and are enrolling appropriately
Make sure to attend the mandatory 601 kick-off on Saturday January 9, 2016!
Prerequisites: The 601 is taken during the last two terms of study, after successful completion of the following:
- Full-time study: must have successfully completed all 5000-series Required Foundations of Management Core Courses, and have taken or be taking SGMT 6000 3.00 in the first term of the 601
- Part-time study: must have successfully a) completed all 5000-series Required Foundations of Management Core Courses, b) completed SGMT 6000 3.00, and c) completed at least 4 electives
Enrolment & Registration
- In the first semester of the 601, you must officially enrol in MGMT 6090 0.00 (the “Formation” non-credit portion) on the York Enrolment System to signal your intent to begin. Tuition fees are applied to your account even if this is the only course in which you are enolled (it is not a “free” course).
- MGMT 6100 3.00 (the 3.00 credit portion) must be placed in the first or second semester of the 601
- You must also register your name on the 601 database (601.schulich.yorku.ca) in the first of your two terms, the start of the MGMT 6090 0.00 formation.
- We do not retroactively add MGMT 6100 3.00 (or any course) if you change your mind about when to place it in your schedule; ensure you enrol by the last day to enrol without permission
- If you are unsure if you can begin, contact us to be sure as early as possible
- The 601 normally spans two terms of study. At times the project length extends beyond the end of the second term. This may have implications for visa requirements (if applicable) and timing of graduation. Please note that you are expected to be in Toronto until you complete your 601 in order to meet your degree requirements.
- Exchange students must confirm their 601 plan well in advance with the Graduate Exchange office. Your own enrolment may be different than that of your colleagues not on exchange.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or MGMT6100@schulich.yorku.ca.
Leave A Comment