Standing out as a top swimmer in a pool of impressive candidates can be tough – especially in the banking and finance industries, where the competition can be fierce. Gaining real-world experience while being able to fulfill certification requirements can truly set someone ahead in the race.
For professionals interested in pursuing a financial designation, such as becoming a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), TD’s CPA Pre-Approved Program, The Program sponsored by TD’s Internal Audit division, allows individuals to get a truly unique and in-depth look into Internal Audit and Finance. All while accelerating their career at one of Canada’s largest bank.
What You Will Gain From the Program
The 30-month Program consists of two nine-month rotations in Internal Audit and one, twelve-month rotation in Finance or Chief Accountant’s office.
As CPA Associates (“Associates”) rotate through the Program, they will:
- Meet the CPA Ontario practical experience requirements
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the various Internal Audit Business segments (e.g. TD Securities, Global Risk, IT, Wealth, Anti-Money Laundering) and Finance (e.g. Policy and Advisory team within the Chief Accountant’s office and Canadian Retail Finance).
- Participate in formal and informal mentoring opportunities to build their personal networks
How TD Helps
TD supports Associates through the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP) and Common Final Examination (CFE). This allows Associates to focus on their professional exams all the while gaining valuable work experience. TD also assists associates through:
- Providing financial support for the CPA module and exam fees*
- Providing time off for CFE prep**
- Providing an experienced CPA mentor
- Providing external training for the CFE
How to Learn More
Recruitment for the Program commences mid-August and wraps up by September. Successful candidates will start the Program in September of the following year.
We will visit several universities in September, so make sure to come see us to learn more about the Program and network with TD Internal Audit representatives.
Contact the Career Development Centre for exact dates, times, and locations for your campus visit.
More details can be found by visiting the TD Campus Recruitment website
*Finances are covered to a predetermined maximum amount as outlined in the TD CPA Pre-approved Training Office Student Expense Policy
** Pre-determined amount of time off as per TD CPA Pre-approved Training Office Student Expense Policy